Construction activity in 2017/18 has been in line with a number of key policies including:
- Scottish Government – aim to build 50,000 affordable homes by 2021 and £3 billion investment programme that will support tens of thousands of jobs.
- Energy Efficient Scotland – Making our homes and buildings warmer, greener and more efficient 2017 – 2040 investing £10-12 Billion in energy efficiency measures.
- Scotland’s Manufacturing Action Plan – business expenditure in research and development and opportunities to build offsite construction capability.
- Scottish Government Low Carbon Built Environment Plan – Reduce carbon emissions by 80% by 2050.
- Improve health outcomes through the application of digital technology as an integral part of quality cost-effective healthcare and support in construction.
- Transform the sustainability of Scotland’s housing by designating energy efficiency a National Infrastructure Priority.
- Construction Skills Investment Plan — Work closely with colleges in Scotland align our detailed deliver plans in support of the sector.